Key Business Links
Updated 03 July 2014
U.S. Goverment Resources
- Business Opportunies for UK companies (on BuyUSA.gov)
- BusinessUSA: BusinessUSA is the U.S. government portal to strengthen America's competitiveness in the global economy.
- Export.gov: Brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace. Export.gov also hosts information on the National Export Initiative.
- Export Import Bank of the United States: This is the official export credit agency of the United States
- Franchising Opportunies for UK companies (on BuyUSA.gov)
- National IPR Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR): Responsible for developing and coordinating U.S. international trade, commodity, and direct investment policy, and overseeing negotiations with other countries.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: The U.S. Government’s development finance institution.
- U.S. Commercial Service Liaison Office for the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (Export.gov)
- U.S. Commercial Service Liason Office for the European Union: for specific information relating to meet the EU's 27-member market (Export.gov)
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides support to U.S. small businesses and small –business owners across the nation through capital (loans), access to federal contracts, and counseling.
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency : An independent U.S. Government foreign assistance agency that is funded by the U.S. Congress.
- AmChams: AmChams advance the interests of American business overseas. They are voluntary associations of American companies and individuals doing business in a particular country, as well as firms and individuals of that country who operate in the U.S. Currently, 115 AmChams in 102 countries are affiliated with U.S. AmCham. Listings of AmChams and contact information by region of interest or country are also available.
- Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB): undertakes research and development as well as farm-level knowledge transfer and knowledge exchange.
- American European Business Association (AEBA): a dynamic forum that promotes and facilitates lively and informed debate on key business, economic and political topics.
- British American Business Council (BABC): a transatlantic business network with 25 chapters and 3,000 member companies throughout North America and the United Kingdom.
- BritishAmerican Business (BAB): the largest chapter of the BABC with 700 member companies and offices in
both New York and London. BAB is the leading transatlantic business organization dedicated to helping companies connect and build their business on both sides of the Atlantic.
- BritishAmerican Business 2014 edition of American British Trade & Investment: The Guide to Investing in the USA. This annual report is designed to provide information for those UK companies who are looking to set up or expand their operations with the USA.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA): the UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on the environment, food and rural affairs
- Food and Drink Federation: a members organisation which represents the UK food and drink industry.
- Food Standards Agency: an independent UK Government department set up by an Act of Parliament in 2000 to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food.
- Grain and Feed Trade Association:an international Trade Association which aims to promote international trade in grain, animal feed materials, pulses and rice.
- London and Partners: official promotional agency for London, attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors.
- National Farmers Union: supports British farming and provides professional representation and services to its members.
- Provision Trade Federation: a trade association for companies involved in trading in provisions.
- The State International Developments, Inc.: An organization that supports state international trade agencies, provides a directory of contacts within each state’s trade or commerce office.
- The Welsh Assembly Government: The development agency for Wales.
- The Northern Ireland Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI)
- Scottish Enterprise
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE)
Report IP Theft
- Click on the logo to report IP Theft or visit the following website http://www.iprcenter.gov/referral/